In 1840, Robert Campbell was sent into this region by the Hudson’s Bay Company to locate a route to the central Yukon, and establish fur-trading posts. Campbell discovered this lake and named it after Duncan Finlayson, a member of the H.B.Co’s Board of Directors. The Lake, which is approximately 10 miles long, is situated on the Continental Divide. Its water drain Southeast through the Liard into the Mackenzie River, while the rivers to the north empty into the Yukon River System.
→ Next Ross River
← Previous Frances Lake